- Top of the American teeth stakes in the poll for greatest looking teeth were Hollywood actors Brad Pitt and Julia Roberts.
- 73% of Americans would rather go grocery shopping than floss.
- 38.5 total days an average American spends brushing teeth over lifetime.
- More people use blue toothbrushes than red ones.
- Like fingerprints, everyone’s tongue print is different.
- Tooth decay remains the most common chronic disease among children ages 5-17 with 59% affected.
- There is someone whose job includes squeezing Prince Charles's toothpaste onto the royal toothbrush. That someone is Michael Fawcett, the prince's personal valet. Since Fawcett is, according to various news reports, the only person Charles trusts with this awesome responsibility, one must presume that the heir to the throne's dental hygiene declines precipitously whenever the valet goes on vacation.
- 83% of people believe their teeth are more important to their appearance than hair and eyes, according to a recent survey conducted by Roper ASW in conjunction with ReachMax.
- The most valuable tooth belonged to Sir Isaac Newton. In 1816 one of his teeth was sold in London for $3,633.00 or in today's terms $35,700.00 The tooth was set in a ring. (Source: Guinness World Records 2002)
- More than 300 types of bacteria make up dental plaque.
- People who drink 3 or more sugary sodas daily have 62% more dental decay, fillings and tooth loss.
Site Map - Invisalign® - Invisalign Teen™
About Braces -
Patient Info - Treatment - Before & After -
About Us - Maps & Directions -
Links - Contact Us -
Site and Materials © Copyright 2006 - Orthodontic Associates, LTD.
All Rights Reserved